Nmap Development mailing list archives

TypeError: encoded string too long (589, maximum length 519) error

From: <javinzatwarniski () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:59:31 -0600

I am receiving this error every time I try to scan an IP with Zenmap on
Windows.

Version: 7.92

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "zenmapGUI\ScanInterface.pyo", line 389, in start_scan_cb

  File "zenmapGUI\ScanInterface.pyo", line 465, in execute_command

  File "zenmapCore\NmapCommand.pyo", line 173, in __init__

  File "tempfile.pyo", line 307, in mkstemp

  File "tempfile.pyo", line 275, in gettempdir

  File "tempfile.pyo", line 191, in _get_default_tempdir

  File "ntpath.pyo", line 488, in abspath

TypeError: encoded string too long (589, maximum length 519)

Is there any way that I can fix this? I already tried uninstalling zenmap
and reinstall it, that does not work. Thanks.

| If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be
lost in the sauce. - Gucci Mane