Nmap Development mailing list archives

build from source fails, openbsd 6.8 amd64

From: cyrus torros <sugondesenuts007 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:48:02 -0500

Good day.

I am unable to get past the ./configure stage for building nmap from source.

I am building it from source because I want to use the zenmap GUI, I
know there is a nmap binary in the ports tree.

Attached is my config.log, I will detail the steps I took to produce
this problem.

I downloaded nmap-7.91.tar.bz2, I unpacked it.

I switched to its directory and ran ./configure

nmap-7.91> ./configure
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.9
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.9
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/staff_test/.git/nmap-7.91':
See `config.log' for more details

Attached is my config.log

my uname: OpenBSD eaton.home 6.9 GENERIC.MP#324 amd64

I am using the openbsd-CURRENT, but I have the same issue on openbsd
6.7 RELEASE.

Thanks for reading, hope to hear back from you.