Nmap Development mailing list archives

Need for a driver-debug version of the Npcap installer

From: yu-jui woo <haich.woo () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 23:17:09 -0400

Dear development team,

I'm trying to do wireless sniffing with Wireshark + npcap on the
Realtek 8812AU adapter on Windows 10 and I'm encountering some
problems that need your help.

I've ran the adapter with the Windows Network Monitor and it seems
that the capture worked properly, so I guess that the the monitor mode
of the adapter works.

Then I tried the adapter with Wireshark + npcap (with NetworkMonitor
removed), it entered monitored mode, but nothing captured (and this
matches what is revealed in the table here:
https://secwiki.org/w/Npcap/WiFi_adapters).

As the Microsoft Network Monitor works, I would like to check if the
npcap driver receives the frames from the adapter.

Here https://nmap.org/npcap/guide/npcap-users-guide.html it says that
we might get a debug version of the installed for generating the
driver log, so I write this email in hope that I can have that from
you.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Haich