Nmap Development mailing list archives

Questions about custom IP/UDP/RPC packets

From: ste0640 <ste0640 () thi de>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 20:36:13 +0000

Hi everyone,

I hope I am not at the wrong place here for questions.

I tried to write a script to discover profinet devices on an ip address and get information about them. Mostly to test
the knowledge I gathered about this topic in an internship and maybe make it useable for others too.

I am new to lua and the nmap libs but they seemed suitable for this task.

So I used a hex string for my packet and tried to send first with bind, connect and send, after that with ip_open and
ip_send. Both times the packet which I captured with Wireshark had no checksum although I calculated it and put it in
the right place.

Does somebody know what I have done wrong? Or did I understand the documentation in the wrong way?

Thanks in advance if somebody can help me there. Even if it's only a link for further studies.

Regards,

Stefan