Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [ncat][RFC] Support for square-bracket notation for IPv6 proxy address

From: nnposter <nnposter () users sourceforge net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:23:53 -0700

On 1/22/19 2:06 PM, nnposter wrote:
When Ncat is acting as a proxy client, the remote proxy server is specified as --proxy <addr>[:<port>]. The current "flat" syntax is not ideal and I am proposing to adopt IPv6 square-bracket notation, such as:
```
ncat   ...   --proxy [2001:db8::1]:8080
```

More at https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/1441
Please review the proposal and comment.

During the past month this RFC has not received any feedback, positive or negative.

As a result I am planning to commit the feature by the end of the week unless it gathers additional negative feedback or a request for more time.

Cheers,
nnposter