Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Re: New script for brute-force discovery passwords and users in CMS Made Simple in version 2.2.6

From: Artur Kielak <kielaka () vp pl>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 03:06:18 +0200

Hi George

Thanks for feedback. Sorry for answering so late.

CMS Made Simple after first request(post) return with specific cookies that are needed to second request (get) and then
if we have response containing specific pattern then we could say that login is success.
I tested http-form-brute for made simple but it works differently from http-cmsmadesimple-brute.nse. In second request
(get) must add specific cookie and append to request(get) url key from first request(post). I thank that
http-cmsmadesimple-brute.nse is rather transparent and faster that no need additional checking in loop for known_apps
structure and iterate by generic patterns and has always two request to find proper credential. George what do you
think about it ?

Thanks Artur Kielak.