Nmap Development mailing list archives

Wai Tuck's GSOC status report #11 of 17

From: Wong Wai Tuck <wongwaituck () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 23:20:00 +0000

Hey all! It's been a busy week for me as I recently relocated to the
States, but here's what I managed to find the time to do:

Accomplishments
- Finished refactoring LFI, but having some trouble testing
http-phpmyadmin-dir-traversal as the original script had bugs and the
vulnerability requires a very specific configuration for it to work; in the
midst of setting up an environment (hard to do while traveling around!) and
figuring out how to get it to work
- Gave a talk on NSE in my local meetup to get feedback on what I am doing
[1], got a lot of good feedback from the pros in the community, including
an idea for a script which I will discuss with my mentor

Priorities
- Make the pull request for LFI once testing is done
- Talk to Nmap developers at DEFCON
- Work on password profiling and mangling

[1]:
https://www.meetup.com/Null-Singapore-The-Open-Security-Community/events/241351880/

See you all at DEFCON!

With Regards