Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Broken git process after checkout/clean

From: Ionreflex <ionreflex () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 10:24:41 -0400

So instead of trying to circumvent, been uping my git skills : decided to
rollback to the first 7.60 commit :

git checkout 0c142333bb356b6ff15fff5c95522c4cfc410a9c .

... then I was able to ./configure --without-zenmap + make + make install!
The required files needed to make might be available elsewhere, but not
sure how to find this!

For now I still have those untracked files sitting around :

#       libssh2/lib/
#       libssh2/libssh2.pc
#       libssh2/libtool
#       libssh2/src/.deps/
#       libssh2/src/.libs/
#       libssh2/src/libssh2_config.h
#       libssh2/src/stamp-h1

Just won't "git clean -df" until permanently fixed! :o)

Happy B Nmap... next lucky version 7.77?

[ ^ ]

Tried to hackaround my local branch by "scping" cleaned files from a dirty
but working setup, located in the following directory :

libssh2/lib/
libssh2/src/.libs/

"make", after running "./configure --without-zenmap", still ends up in
error :

libssh2/lib/libssh2.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run
ranlib to add one
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [nmap] Error 1

Still trying to fix this, might have forgotten some files somewhere...

... like I said I lack programming skills, but I feel it is directly
related!

Cheers to you

[ ^ ]

I do not have a solution for you but I have run into related issues:

* The committed file set related to libssh2 appears "dirty" in that
distclean removes some of the committed files.

* The current version of the main Makefile.in is not working too well
when doing package builds. See https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/967
for details.

Cheers,
nnposter