Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: MAKE issue on nmap-7.60.tar.bz2

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 10:43:45 -0500

Alison,

Thanks for reporting this! It is indeed a small bug in Ncat, which we found
independently and have fixed in the latest development trunk. The effect is
that the setup function for SSL listening is run regardless of whether Ncat
is in listen mode or not, and regardless of whether SSL has been requested.
Fortunately, this does not have any effect on Ncat's actual operation; it
is simply wasted cycles and extraneous debug output.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you find any more issues! Thanks,
Dan