Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack telnet module

From: nnposter <nnposter () users sourceforge net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:02:14 -0600

On 6/14/17 7:43 PM, bgqueengeek wrote:
Again thanks for the response. I think I am doing what you suggested. Here's
the latest chatter:

nmap -p 23 --script telnet-brute --script-args "telnet-brute.passonly=true,
passdb=testPasswords.txt" <ip address>

The parameter is brute.passonly, not telnet-brute.passonly.

You might also take a look at other brute.* parameters, documented at
https://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/brute.html

I think your syntax is slightly different. Trying this too, and nmap does
not return. So at least this is changing the behavior. I will play with this
a bit more.

Some feeble daemons do not handle concurrency too well. Consider running
the script with only one worker thread to confirm that the script
interacts with the daemon properly.

Cheers,
nnposter