Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] smb-vuln-ms17-010.nse: Script to detect ms17-010

From: Robert Strom <robert.strom () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 08:43:10 -0700

Hello,

I have downloaded the new NSE script and the  smb.lua file and tested
against a server 2012 and Server 2016 and it seems to be working with
authentication.

My question pertains to how the authentication is transmitted. If one
supplies the necessary credentials are they sent across the wire in plain
text?

Thanks,

Robert

Message: 3