Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: sweet32 and ssl-enum-ciphers question

From: Daniel Calvo Castro <rayimaster () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:27:46 +0100

Hi,

You said about an existing RDP port open for outgoing connections, so
the sweet32 is about RDP port, usually 3389, not 443 (although could
be affected too).

Check against RDP tcp port, for Windows 7 there is an update that lets
you fix this issue.

Kind Regards

Hi All,

I have a customer that got tagged with sweet32 on his PCI (credit
card security) external scan.  He is using RDP on a couple
of his workstations so he can log in from home and I do believe
the issue is that he hasn't done his Windows 7 updates
in about two years.  I will fix.

Anyway, I am on nmap 7.40.  Reading over at:

https://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.html

It shows a bunch of this stuff:

      Example Usage

      nmap --script ssl-enum-ciphers -p 443 <host>
      Script Output
      PORT STATE SERVICE REASON 443/tcp open https syn-ack

      | ssl-enum-ciphers:
      |   TLSv1.0:
      |     ciphers:
      |       TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (secp256r1) - A
      |       TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (secp256r1) - A

and on and so forth

My intention is to use NMap to identify the sweet32 vulnerability
and to then use NMap again to verify I have solved the issue.

I am specifically looking for the "3DES" entry associated with
sweet32.

When I run this probe, I do not get any of the this stuff.
I do get stuff back, but not the list with all the ciphers.

This is what I ran:

nmap -p xxxx,yyyy -v --script ssl-enum-ciphers www.xxx.yyy.zzz

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks,