Nmap Development mailing list archives

possible bug, nmap v7.40

From: cyb <cg.venus () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 22:33:52 +0000

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem using nmap (v7.40) with iptables on kali (Debian
4.8.15-1kali1 (2016-12-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux).

I have messages like:
*sendto in send_ip_packet_sd: sendto(4, packet, 44, 0, 45.33.32.156, 16) =>
Operation not permitted*
if my firewall is activated.

I'm using VPN with OpenVPN and nmap works fine after startup with VPN == on
and iptabels == off, but if I'm activating firewall (script vpnfw.sh
attached) nmap is sending error messages. I read about it that you need to
allow INVALID packets and I'm doing that but it doesn't help. But what is
more weired, even after I reset firewall (script fwreset.sh attached) it's
still showing me error messages. I tried to restart network services etc,
nothing helps, only PC restart.

Even after I disconnect from VPN, flush iptables, restart wlan0 interface
and network-manager, even after this nmap still sends error messages.

So, such scenario:

- PC start up.
- VPN=off,
- Firewall disabled, iptables=off.