Nmap Development mailing list archives

npcap and still the same issues

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 14:09:27 +0000

so i figured i would try out the latest npcap, hoping it would allow me to get past the issues i was having before.
NOPE. as i can see it, after looking at the install log and all the files in place, i don't think it is npcap. i think
it is just my network/ISP and the way it is set up and configured. i now am almost 100% convinced i have to somehow
hard-code the DNS/GATEWAY/ETC to somehow get this to work. right now it is sitting on an autoconfiged 169 addy and a
constant "identifying.." in my systray where my adapter icon sits. as long as it says that, i get nothing. so i just
disable it. does anyone else out there have this "identifying..." issue? i am almost convinced it is sending out or
trying to identify it's MAC for my ISP?? not sure but i can't come up with anything else. until i can get past this, or
until npcap can allow hard coding addressing so it can be "seen" by my network-----------------npcap and all it's
loopback wonder, is useless to me

Mike

(my npcap adapter does say 46 packets sent, if that is anything to anyone)