Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Error on Windows 7 after installing nmap 7.30

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:56:22 +0800

Hi Keith,

Please try latest Npcap 0.10 r10 here:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/releases and try again. I have fixed a
related bug in that version.

Cheers,
Yang

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Keith Christian <keith1christian () gmail com
wrote:

7.31 was installed this morning and exhibits the same symptoms:

        Mon 10/24/2016  8:36:12.40 C:\Users\keith\Downloads>nmap
192.168.2.5

        Starting Nmap 7.31 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2016-10-24 08:36
Mountain Daylight Time
        dnet: Failed to open device eth1
        QUITTING!

Again: 7.12 works without issues.

(Difficult to install "debug" builds on this corporate PC, sorry.)

FWIW, Pertinent "systeminfo" output:

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
OS Version:                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Member Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Keith Christian