Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vulnerability Assessment of VLAN using nmap

From: Rohit Jadav <rohitjadav () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:38:07 +0000

Dear all,

I would like to get some information on how to test IPs in separate vlans
using a trunk port on a switch. I will explain the scenario, need your kind
inputs.

Scenario:
Vulnerability assessment of multiple IP address in separate vlan. We have
been given the IP list of hosts in different vlans, also we have been given
a trunk port on a Cisco switch.
We followed this guide "Testing multiple VLANs the easy way – Trunk Ports
<https://www.phillips321.co.uk/2013/09/19/testing-multiple-vlans-the-easy-way-trunk-ports/>".
If the URL doesn't work kindly check the cached page here
<https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Fe7uM_NE1qkJ:https://www.phillips321.co.uk/2013/09/19/testing-multiple-vlans-the-easy-way-trunk-ports/+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in&client=ubuntu>
.
We configured vlans in Kali as suggested in above guide, using arp-scan we
were able to get the MAC address as well, but nmap was not able to scan the
same.
Kindly guide me, what approach to follow in such situation.
Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks,
Rohit.
--