Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap changelog updates

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 00:13:32 -0700

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Tseng, Jeffrey <JTseng () nvenergy com> wrote:

Hello,

On the changelog  section of nmap.org, there are new entries for
additions dated 7-7-2016. Is there a new version of nmap associated with
these new changes? The most recent version I see is 7.12 releasesd in
March. Please advise.

Hi Jeff.  If you take a look at the Changelog:

https://nmap.org/changelog.html

Nmap releases are in bold, so you can see 7.12 and 7.11 if you scroll down
a bit.  The changes above that latest release (7.12) line have only been
made to our source code repository.  To use those changes, you either have
to wait until the next formal release or you can download and compile from
the latest source code as described here:

https://nmap.org/book/install.html#inst-svn

Cheers,
Fyodor