Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap installation issues

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:20:06 -0700

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 08:10:08AM +0000, Mahlatse Moloto wrote:
I am having difficulties installin the nmap on my machine, window 7 64 bits. I
used this link: https://nmap.org/download.html

Latest stable release self-installer: nmap-7.12-setup.exe. many files are
not installing, as a result I cannot run my scans. Kindly assist.

It looks like there is a previous installation of Nmap in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap directory, and there is a problem with
permissions or something that prevents the already existing file from
being overwritten.

You might try deleting the existing installation folder at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap and trying the installation again.