Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ignored 'T', 'U', 'S', 'P' in port specification

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 13:49:42 -0700

In r36293 I pushed a fix for a little bug I found in port specification
parsing. The letters T, U, S, and P, when not followed by a colon, were
being silently ignored at the beginning of a specification. For example,
this should have raised an error message, but didn't, instead silently
treating the specification as "1,2,3":
        nmap -p T1,T2,T3
The error message you get now is the same as if you tried to use some
other uppercase letter:
        nmap -p X1
        Error #485: Your port specifications are illegal.  Example of proper form: "-100,200-1024,T:3000-4000,U:60000-"