Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE, SSH and remote command execution

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:30:28 -0700

On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 04:02:31PM +0300, Gary Madarm wrote:
I want to check which OS package versions are installed on remote Linux hosts
within my network. Some of the servers run ssh on non-standard ports, thus I
thought I could use nmap to find the ssh port and execute an NSE script using
io.popen() to run a dpkg command to enumerate the package versions. Is this the
best approach or is there a cleaner more native way to execute remote system
commands via an ssh tunnel in nmap?

I think the preferred way will be Sergey's ssh-run script, but it's just
been implemented this past summer and isn't merged yet.

https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#Linux.2FUNIX_local_commands_over_ssh
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2016/q3/231
https://github.com/sergeykhegay/nmap/blob/gsoc-ssh/scripts/ssh-run.nse