Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vincent’s Status Report — #14 of 17

From: Vincent Dumont <dumontv7 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 22:33:37 +0200

Hello devs,

This week, I am proud to announce that OpenSSL 1.1.0-pre5 and previous versions are now supported by Nmap! Everything
has been merged to the SVN trunk a few hours ago and the CHANGELOG has been updated to reflect that changement. I
encountered no issues while testing it for the last time (after submitting it), but I would also be interested to know
if it works for you guys, so feel free to give your feedback!

Accomplishments:
•       Corrected merge problems and sent the commit to support OpenSSL 1.1.0-pre5 and earlier (according to PR #460)
•       Updated and corrected overloaded functions signatures which were causing warnings during compilation time —
this is to correct a previous commit on the SVN trunk which was leading to segmentation faults (PR #479)
•       Sent the new authorization wrapper to the SVN trunk
•       Corrected the MAXHOSTNAMELEN size for DNS name buffers by FQDN_LEN, defined in nmap.h — sent it to the SVN trunk
•       Worked on PR #454 (designed Mac DMG) to have a more flexible testing script
•       Investigated on PR #328 — as my mentor Dan told me, it turns out that libpcap fixed it in version 1.4.0,
released in May 2013. We should thus recommend that users upgrade libpcap if there's any problem, or to use the
included one in Nmap

Priorities:
•       Work on PR #471 and PR #484
•       Test Nmap's current version with Xcode AddressSanitizer
•       Work on Nmap Todo item "Make Ncat avoid linking with libpcap even when it's available" (we want separate build
directories)
•       Submit more PR to the SVN repository (PR #479 and #454)
•       Work on TODO and FIXME items (comments in code — https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/125) if I have time, or
other projects

Cheers,
Vincent Dumont