Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: npcap issues

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 18:02:14 +0100

Hi Mike,

I haven't looked into Npcap in that much detail so unfortunately I don't
know exactly what it's creating where during installation (or
uninstallation), as it seems to do a lot more than the old WinPcap based
installer. Some of this may even be created in the background by Windows
when the Npcap installer performs certain API calls. Yang is probably more
likely to be able to answer those questions for you.

Rob