Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vincent’s Status Report — #1 of 17

From: Vincent Dumont <contact () vincentdumont com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 14:49:59 +0200

Hello devs,

For those who don’t now me, my name is Vincent Dumont. I am currently studying Mathematics and Computer Sciences in 3rd
year at the University of Strasbourg, France. My project to develop Nmap on Mac OS X with the native language Swift has
been accepted. If anyone has any suggestions or information concerning this project, feel free to contact me at contact
() vincentdumont com <mailto:contact () vincentdumont com> at any time, and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

I am sorry to send my status report a day later. This will not happen again as school is almost finished. Since the
beginning of the community bounding, I have read and searched a lot of information concerning Mac OS development with
the new Swift 2.2 language, and a meeting has been planned with my mentor Daniel Miller in the next days to organize
ourselves.

Accomplishments:

* Making tests with Swift 2.2 on Xcode

* Currently reading the language’s official manual

* Get in touch and plan a meeting with my mentor

*  Take a look at deprecated codes and their solutions

*  Analyse Zenmap source code

Priorities:

* Finish Swift 2.2 manual and begin first UI tests

* Plan a precise starting point for the coding phase

* Discuss the tasks priority with my mentor

* Get used to Xcode advanced functionalities

* Be on time for the next SR ;)

Cheers,

Vincent Dumont