Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: small patch submission

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 14:32:36 -0600

David,

Thank you for taking the time to upstream OpenBSD's patches! We want Nmap
to compile and run cleanly on just about any modern operating system, so
this kind of thing is important to us.

One problem here is the patch to libpcap/pcap-bpf.c. This file is part of
libpcap, which we include for convenience of users who may not wish to hunt
down dependencies. The patch should therefore be sent to the Tcpdump group
[1] for inclusion there. The code affected is not used by Nmap, being part
of the monitor_mode function.

I will review the other patches individually. I have entered bug reports
for each: #274 [2] and #275 [3]

Dan

[1] https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap
[2] https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/274