Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap crashing

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 10:07:01 -0600

Dan,

This is promising, since only one script was started before crashing. That
*should* mean that that script is solely responsible for the crash. We can
verify by selecting it by name: nmap -Pn -d2 --script mrinfo -sn

I also copied the relevant portions of the script (up until the first debug
statement that does not appear) into a separate script, test_crash.nse,
which I attached to this message. If you can run this script with the same
options it should tell us exactly which function call is crashing: nmap -Pn
-d2 --script test_crash.nse -sn

It would also be helpful to have the output of nmap --iflist and any
information about your system that may be out-of-the-ordinary. I cannot
reproduce the bug on Windows 8.1 running on VirtualBox.

Dan

P.S. please remember to CC dev () nmap org so that other users and developers
can benefit from the discussion.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Dan Baxter <danthemanbaxter () gmail com>