Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Projects which have participated in all 11 years of GSoC

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:58:28 +0200

W dniu 20.10.2015 o 00:24, Fyodor pisze:
I made a list of those and then compared each of the following years,
removing organizations which didn't participate that year.  I tried to
track name changes such as Gaim to Pidgin and Jabber to XMPP. Here are the
results:

Nice idea! I actually wrote a project once that gathers this kind of
statistics [1] and queried its database. It says that Nmap was there ten
times, but it's because in 2005 it was labeled as "Nmap", not "Nmap
Security Scanner":

sqlite> select count(distinct year), org.name
from frontend_organization org
join frontend_project pr on pr.organization_id=org.id
group by org.name
having count(distinct year) > 8
order by count(distinct year) desc;
11|KDE
11|Portland State University
11|Python Software Foundation
10|Drupal
10|Inkscape
10|Nmap Security Scanner
10|Samba
10|haskell.org
9|Blender Foundation
9|Crystal Space
9|GNOME
9|Mono Project
9|Moodle
9|OpenMRS

That's an interesting way to look at GSoC stats!

[1] https://github.com/d33tah/gsocstats