Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Bulk] Use of npcap in automation system

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 10:46:01 +0200

Nuno Antonio Dias Ferreira wrote:

I am software developer of automation systems. Last year I develop an application to allow network redundancy where I
was using WinPcap 4.1.3, that application is running well in Windows XP and Windows 7 but is not working in Windows (
and above because of changes in NDIS 6. In my application I am opening Pcap handler with the flag
PCAP_OPENFLAG_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL and that’s the reason why I can’t use my app in Windows 8. Can you tell me if your pcap
has
this feature implemented?

The flag PCAP_OPENFLAG_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL is AFAICS a parameter to
'pcap_open()' which is not present in standard libpcap (unless the
REMOTE-stuff is added).

But the same feature can be enabled using:
  PacketSetLoopbackBehavior (adapter, 1);

Works fine under Win 8.1.

--
--gv