Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap service scan warning

From: patrick bailey <pbailey.bailey49 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:24:34 +0000

Hello,
I have recently been using nmap on a kali linux 2.0 machine and when trying
to use a port scan such as "nmap -sS -A (IP adress of host)" in the
Terminal or a nmap OS detection scan in Armitage I get this warning
"Warning: Servicescan failed to fill product_template (subjectlen: 45,
productlen: 80). Capture exceeds length? Match string was line 8802: p/ADB
P.DG A4001N WAP, Cisco Telepresence MCU 4505, Digifort Enterprise 6.5, or
Telekom Speedport W723V httpd//"
my nmap version is liblua-5.2.3 I did some research and the only forums I
can find are from 5 to 8 years ago and they didn't seem to have any
answers. There are two screen shots below showing the error both in
armitage and the Terminal. I hope you could get back to me as soon as
possible. Thanks