Nmap Development mailing list archives

adding info for scripts not abel to run/etc?

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:56:44 +0000

hello and happy holidays first off!

so maybe this is confusing but hear me out. when i run a set of scripts, lets take snmp protocol, for example. if i run
"script=snmp* and not brute" , i think that loads 11 scripts. going off memory here. so when i find a target, i run
those scripts and i might get 3 back, maybe 4, that ran successfully with output. usually INFO, HH3?, maybe 1 other. my
point is, for whatever reason, whether it be a protocol version issue or non-authentication, etc...you get no
indication the other scripts were ran, unless you did a packet/script trace (even then the output is raw and you
wouldn't understand it) am i missing something i am not aware of as to how we can show what scripts were ran and what
were not and a reason why? maybe i am the only one that thinks this should be included and if that is the case, i
digress

thanks

Mike

* example: " 11 scripts loaded. 3 ran successfully, 8 did not due to no returned data,etc

something like that