Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 7 Issue on OS X (Yosemite)

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 22:17:04 -0600

Martin,

I'm sorry that you experienced this failure in our application. I believe
this bug should be resolved with the 7.01 release. Please try the new .dmg
installer at https://nmap.org/download.html#macosx and let us know if it
solves this issue for you.

Dan

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Martin Richartz <m.richartz () gmx de> wrote:

To shed some light to the issue:

% /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/MacOS/Zenmap
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/python:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/python: cannot
execute binary file

% ls /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/*ython
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python

I don’t have case case-sensitivity on the root file system enabled:
% diskutil info /
…
   File System Personality:  Journaled HFS+
   Type (Bundle):            hfs
   Name (User Visible):      Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Cheers,
Martin.

Martin Richartz
--
Consultant Technology, Media and Communication, Berlin
m: +49 172 850 3633