Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:11:12 -0600

Additionally, modern versions of Nmap include a script specifically for detecting SSL v2, sslv2.nse.

As a note, this will detect the availability of SSL v2 on the target even if you are scanning from machine where
OpenSSL is compiled with SSL v2 disabled, as most modern versions are.

Reference:

https://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/sslv2.html

nmap -p 443 -v --script sslv2 $targetname

Tom