Nmap Development mailing list archives

cipher support

From: Robin Wood <robin@digi.ninja>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:00:47 +0100

I've been looking at SSL and found that both sslscan and nmap are
missing SSLv2 ciphers. From looking at sslscan it needs to be built
against a static version of openssl which is built to support SSLv2
and from a tweet by Dan Miller I assume nmap is the same, what is the
best way to do this?

Luckily I don't think I've not missed anything as Nessus has been
catching all the SSLv2 that I've come across but I was wondering if it
is worth adding something to the scripts that test for ciphers so they
can warn the user if they are likely to miss ciphers due to the
version of openssl in use?

Robin