Nmap Development mailing list archives

Andrew's Status Report - #17 of 17

From: Andrew Jason Farabee <afarabee () uci edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:08:03 -0700

Accomplishments:
 * Added a temporary version of http-digest to nsock/src/proxy_http.c
 * Added socks5 support, including authentication.
 * Added some documentation in the branches that are closest to being merged.
 * Sent out GSoC summary (http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q3/236).
 * Added a folder of test results at nmap-exp/pasca1/tests/ and added
some tests to ncat-test.pl for --proxies option in
nmap-ncat-proxychains.
 * Tested my changes and fixed memory issues as I found them with valgrind.

Priorities:
 * There is an issue with http proxy servers closing the connection
after sending a "407 proxy authentication required."  I'll need to
find a way to reconnect before sending credentials from within nsock.
 * Troubleshoot issues with socks5 when requesting a connection to an
ipv6 address.
 * Get libhttp working so that I'm not using duplicate http digest
authentication code.
 * Fix issue with nsock_proxychain_new or proxy_parser_new creating
segfaults when given a non-NULL pointer to an empty string.
 * Write a struct that can be used to connect by IP addresses and/or
domain names.
 * Review the patch for ncat IPv4 fallback
(https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/157).