Nmap Development mailing list archives

Question regarding hping2?

From: "Epworth, Paul" <paul.epworth () eon com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 06:58:25 +0000

Hi,

I have found I can use hpin2 from the command line
Buy if I try to use hping2 -c  5 -I 1 -p 80 -S Playground

[cid:image002.png@01D0CECE.85332210]

If I use hping2 and the hostname i get the output below.

[cid:image001.png@01D0CECE.226AE500]

[cid:image003.png@01D0CECE.D0AFEE80]

I was hoping to be able to use the the example from the book.

Nmap Network Security Scanning Page 262, 263

Hping2 displays leng=46 ip=192.168.0.40 ttl=128 id=64473 sport=80 flags=RA seq=0 rtt=0.7 ms

I was kind of hoping for the same results.

Is there a problem or is this something else.

I have also had a similar issue with ncat.

I have tried the options for hping2 and ncat but they seem to fail.
I hope this helps. Please could you supply some options that do work.

Many thanks Paul Epworth.