Nmap Development mailing list archives

can't remember last time NMAP ran without crashing

From: steve () vwebr net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 01:10:36 -0600

I will have to use another app if this one won't cooperate.

The always happens on the slow, comprehensive scan. I am trying to do
the most thorough scan for devices on my home network to get the most
information.

I have since reimaged this Dell E6400 laptop having a 512GB SSD & 8GB
RAM w/ Windows 7 64-bit, from what it was before (256GB SSD & 2GB RAM w/
Windows 7 32-bit) and it's still crashing.

Do you have a 64-bit version of NMAP? I cannot for the life of me figure
out why it hates that particular scan...other scans do not crash.

I figure I have plenty of resources on this laptop that it shouldn't be
crashing...I didn't reimage it that long ago.

On a previous version, NMAP.EXE wasn't crashing...it was a DLL file
instead.

If you can tell me where log files are for NMAP, I can attach those for
you.

Thanks,

Steve

Problem signature:

 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

 Application Name: nmap.exe

Application Version: 6.0.49.4

 Application Timestamp: 5599e15b

 Fault Module Name: nmap.exe

 Fault Module Version: 6.0.49.4

Fault Module Timestamp: 5599e15b

 Exception Code: c0000005

 Exception Offset: 00080ba6

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

 Locale ID: 1033

 Additional Information 1: 0a9e

 Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

 Additional Information 3: 0a9e

 Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789