Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: PS: Trying to delete NSI, but could not find 1 of the purportedly pending events on that IOD.

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:31:10 +0200

W dniu 19.07.2015 o 03:58, Happysmash27 pisze:
Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! --system-dns DID work!

As for installing, I did it with Homebrew, most likely with "brew
install nmap".

Also, could you tell me what the message means? I would still like to know.

It looks like it's a new bug in DNS resolving code - I hadn't seen
reports of it yet. My theory is that somehow there was an attempt to
kill a UDP session twice, but I'm not 100% though. Anyway, it looks like
a serious bug, but I have no idea how to debug it remotely (hopefully
other developers will think of a way or find the -d9 log enough to
figure it - for one, I find the "timeout in -1437173934692ms" part
suspicious).

Thanks for reporting it! :)