Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gioacchino's Status Report - #2 of 17

From: Gioacchino Mazzurco <gmazzurco89 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 17:45:22 +0200

Hi!

This week I have started preparing my Nmap development environment, first of
all I have received some instruction from my mentor and I got the code
similarly as it is explained in this wiki page [0].

I have also tried to compile Nmap on my machine but because my distro have
python 3 as default it failed, so initially i have compiled Nmap disabling all
python modules then discovered that configure script can be instructed to which
is the python path with the PYTHON variable, so in the end I was capable of
building Nmap with python 2.

When I meet with my mentor on IRC he told me it is a know bug [1] so i have
started investigating it and probably I will do some work to fix it, as soon as
I will have some code done I'll push it on my git sandbox [2].

Cheers!

[0] https://secwiki.org/w/Using_Git_with_Nmap
[1] https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/86
[2] https://gitlab.com/g10h4ck/nmap-gsoc2015