Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap dns code

From: Gioacchino Mazzurco <gmazzurco89 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:05:55 +0200

Hi!

I am porting to IPv6 nmap_dns.*
The problem i am encountering that code have lot of hardcoded constant and is
not easly extensible to support IPv6 too so in the end I implementing a little
pipelined DNS client that support multiple requests at time, as I don't like
to reinvent the wheel, is there already DNS code in nmap out of nmap_dns.* ?
I ask this because I see there are some DNS related NSE scripts so I am
wondering if there is already some code that i risk to reinvent or if those
scripts could benefit of the implementation of that extensible DNS client.

Cheers!