Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Andrew's Status Report - #5 of 17

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 12:01:57 +0200

W dniu 02.06.2015 o 08:43, Andrew Jason Farabee pisze:
Accomplishments:
* I am done coding an nsock socks4a proof of concept, but I'm still dealing
with a Makefile issue. I hope to test/debug it later tonight.
    - Currently uses nse->nsi->hostname to access hostname for initial
packet
    - Currently does not support proxy chains (this should be a quick fix)
    - I should have it committed to nmap-exp/pasca1/nmap-nse-socks4a
tomorrow

Priorities:
* Get proof of concept compiled
* Test basic functionality, check that safe_zalloc is still memory safe
with valgrind
* Look into how/when nsi_set_hostname sets nse->nsi->hostname that the POC
uses
* Code an alternative way to access hostname from within nsock as needed
* Discuss design details for avoiding hostname resolution when using socks4a
* Clean up socks4a code for better functionality (IP addresses, proxy
chains, etc.)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Andrew

Hi,

Your reports are getting better and better! As for the makefile issue,
is this still a problem? If so, send me your patch and a description of
reproduction steps so maybe I cam help you.

Cheers,
d33tah