Nmap Development mailing list archives

idea for scanning options

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 05:05:03 +0000

hey guys
so follow along here because maybe this wont make sense, not sure. would someone ever think about making a change in
our scanning (tcp/udp) to ALWAYS have the source port match destination? i read that some protocols will only talk this
way. 2 i know are IPSEC and RIP (500/520). i do believe there are others but i do not recall them right now. so as you
would be scanning, by default, it would just use the same source as dest on auto. is this feasible and do we even care?
maybe we could do certain ports this way? or do you want the user to constantly specify the src port option?
m|ke