Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSOC] Nmap exclude list implementation

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:46:41 -0800

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 12:49:05AM +0000, Harshil Lodhi wrote:
Just to convince myself that a simple TRIE would be good enough for the
implementation of addrset. I hacked the addrset code. I have attached the diff
and the modified files. The current pre-prototype implementation works only for
exclude list in which IPs are mentioned in x.x.x.x format. I have created a
TRIE of strings( IP address in form of strings) . The code can be compiled
sucessfully without any modifications to any makefile.

I got the time down from 23 seconds to 0.2 seconds = 100x FAST . (This involves
no scanning)

Thanks for looking into this. Please make sure it still passes the tests
in ncat/test/test-addrset.sh.

David Fifield