Nmap Development mailing list archives

-i parameter not working correctly?

From: "Robert Steininger" <robert.j.steininger () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 10:14:14 -0000

Hi guys,

Great tool! Thanks!

I ran into one issue however when trying to automate communication to an
STMP server with a batch file. It seems, that the -i parameter is either
ignored, or does not work as its original counterpart netcat.

When I use the following in a command line, I get an SMTP server error "554
SMTP synchronization error" indicating that commands have been sent before
the server was ready:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap\ncat.exe"  -w 2 -i 2 smtp.reg365.net 25
<t:\ncat\command.txt

Even tweaking the parameter for i to 10 seconds, does not change that.

Using the same line with netcat.exe works flawlessly .

"f:\Install\Tools\NetworkAnalysis\NetCat\netcat\nc.exe" -w 2 -i 2
smtp.reg365.net 25 <t:\ncat\command.txt

Maybe it is just an issue that it waits the -i seconds between 1st and 2nd
command but not before the 1st one is being sent . if you have another way
of delaying the 1st one, that would be probably OK too .

But in an attempt to keep it "compatible" with the original . ;-)

Just wanted to let you know!

THANKS!

Robert

Robert Steininger