Nmap Development mailing list archives

Devin's Status Report #8 of 13

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:25:38 -0500

Hi all,

This is my status report for week 8 of my Google Summer of Code project.
This week I focused my work on the libssh2 branch (its getting close to
being done).

Accomplishments:
- Got userauth_list binding working (with my mentor's help). This function
lists valid authentication supported by the server
- Wrote script to list valid authentication methods for server
- Made ssh-brute check that password authentication is enabled.
- Made ssh-brute respect timeout setting
- Set up windows environment for nmap compilation

Priorities:
- Fix bug that is being caused by interaction with nsock
- Make sure libssh2 branch compiles on windows
- Compare brute forcing speed with ncrack

Cheers,
Devin