Nmap Development mailing list archives

Internship: Improving Nmap's IPv6 OS detection

From: "Mathias Morbitzer" <m.morbitzer () runbox com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:30:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hey everyone,

We are looking for somebody who is interested in working on Nmap’s IPv6 OS detection during a paid internship at our
company.

Generally, it’s about the ideas presented at the Troopers14 conference:
https://www.troopers.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TROOPERS14-Remote_OS_Detection_with_IPv6-Mathias_Morbitzer.pdf
However, we do not feel limited to these ideas and are interested in any additional methods to perform IPv6 OS
detection.

What we would expect from the intern is skills in C(++), and preferably experience with machine learning.

The intern is expected to work at our location in Delft, the Netherlands. In case you are living somewhere else and are
willing to move for the duration of the internship, there is the possibility of providing accommodation.

During the internship, there will be regular communication with the Nmap mailing list in order to discuss ideas and get
feedback.

For more details, please refer to our homepage:
https://www.fox-it.com/nl/vacancies/improving-nmaps-ipv6-remote-os-detection/

If there are any questions, feel free to contact me!

Cheers,

Mathias