Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-form-brute enhancement

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:59:56 -0500

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM, <nnposter () users sourceforge net> wrote:

The attached version implements features listed below. (It is a
substantial rewrite so a patch would be larger and more difficult to
review than the end result.) Any constructive feedback is appreciated

I committed this (with an minor update for compatibility with a change I
made last night) in r33703. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

P.S. Please let me know if I should be submitting patches differently
so that they are easier to review. (I have 7 patches in limbo.)

Generally, it's easiest to review a set of sequential patches (like a
series of git commits, for instance), each of which adds or modifies a
single feature. This would have sped up this particular review, since there
were so many individual changes involved. Also, while I appreciate your
good coding practices and your willingness to clean up existing code,
mixing in changes like removal of unneeded parentheses, typos, and
whitespace fixes can make it hard to see what the real change is vs the
cosmetic ones. Maybe make your first patch in a series a "code cleanup" one
so that the others can be smaller and easier to review.

All that said, I don't want to discourage you from contributing at all!
Your work is greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to get
through it faster.

Dan