Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap OS detection

From: Sebastian Brestin <sebastianbrestin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:54:00 +0300

I have tried --fuzzy/--osscan-guess.
TCP 22 is always open since they are linux/unix servers, another TCP port
from the -F is surely closed and there are no UDP services listening.
Debug is a good idea, I will look into it.
And there may be switches/firewalls that block. Not sure. Because it works
on ipv4, I am guessing that there may be some ipv6 filtering.
I tried -sS.

It is funny because with the same machines, using ipv4 works just fine. The
services that listen on ipv4 should listen on ipv6 as well. And when the
ubuntu machine is scanned from another source machine it is recognized as
ubuntu. But aix and hpux are still not recognized.

-sgb