Nmap Development mailing list archives

Jay's Status Report #13 of 13

From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 00:22:22 +0530

Hi All!

This is the report for week 13. This will be my last report as GSoC 2014
is coming to a close.
I would like to use this report to thank everyone who made this journey
wonderful. I have truly enjoyed working with the Nmap team and have
learnt so much on the way; made many new friends and acquaintances; and
also, been able to give back to the one organization whose software has
been in my toolbox for many years. :)
I will continue to be an active developer for Nmap, but will be unable
to maintain the same pace due to other responsibilities (college,
projects, etc.).
For a short while, I may be taking a break since I've got a lot of
college work to catch up on (I've been procrastinating some college work
for over a month now), but fear not, I will return. :D

Back to the actual report:

Achievements:

  * Finished testing and announced the automatic-privileged-when-capable
    feature.
  * Implemented, tested and announced the ability to drop privileges
    (i.e. drop user) [1]
  * Change default output mode to show TTL info with --reason directly
    (no need of --reason -v). Also, remove TTL column and move TTL info
    to REASON column. (Committed as r33531)
  * Minor commits (r33464, r33465, r33529, r33545, r33552, r33553,
    r33554, r33555)

Priorities:

  * Wait for reviews on --ignore-after and the drop-user features.
    Improve them (if needed) and commit/merge them to trunk. After I'm
    done with this, however, I'll be taking a break from Nmap
    development to catch up with other responsibilities.

Again, a big thanks to everyone for making this such a great experience :)

Cheers,
Jay

Links:
[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q3/304