Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Extended ssl-enum-ciphers script

From: Royce Williams <royce () techsolvency com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:49:59 -0800

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Royce Williams <royce () techsolvency com>
wrote:

is there any reason to not combine the two lists
ciphers in their preferred order, instead of the two 'ciphers' and
'preferred ciphers order' lists?

Royce,

This is indeed the approach that I took when updating the script yesterday.
You can see example output here:
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.html

There may be a good reason for doing it separately, since both Bojan and
David's implementations did so. If someone feels that keeping separate lists
(alphabetical with strength, server preference) is important, they are
welcome to submit a patch for discussion.

Dan

Ah, I was using a stale copy of the earlier draft - fixed.

However, I'm now getting:

$ nmap -d -T 5 -p 443 -sV --script ssl-enum-ciphers.nse [redacted]

Completed Service scan at 06:47, 13.57s elapsed (1 service on 1 host)
NSE: Script scanning [redacted].
NSE: Starting runlevel 1 (of 1) scan.
NSE: Starting ssl-enum-ciphers against [redacted].
Initiating NSE at 06:47
NSE: ssl-enum-ciphers against [redacted] threw an error!
/usr/local/share/nmap/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.nse:732: variable
'debug1' is not declared
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        /usr/local/share/nmap/nselib/strict.lua:80: in function '__index'
        /usr/local/share/nmap/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.nse:732: in
function </usr/local/share/nmap/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.nse:724>
        (...tail calls...)

Completed NSE at 06:47, 0.00s elapsed

Royce