Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: portmapping issue

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:11:16 +0300

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 08:25:12PM +0530, vineeths () mirafra com wrote:
Hi George,

I am very much grateful to you for your reply. As you said I changed the
ip of my machine to router's ip. Now the state of the output is :
filtered. I tried to connect to my machine from different network, but am
still unable to connect. Below are the different commands I have used and
the output I got, please have a look and let me know where I am missing.

The last command is the one you should use.

sudo nmap -sU -p 5351 192.168.1.1  --script nat-pmp-mapport
--script-args='op=map,pubport=8091,privport=8091,protocol=tcp'

Starting Nmap 6.46 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-07-30 20:21 IST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.1
Host is up (0.0010s latency).
PORT     STATE         SERVICE
5351/udp open|filtered nat-pmp
| nat-pmp-mapport:
|_  ERROR: Failed to retrieve WAN IP
MAC Address: 00:24:B2:5D:92:FF (Netgear)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 5.76 seconds

I believe NAT-PMP is not enabled in your router. Try to enable it from your
router settings. If you can't find the setting, please, check if NAT-PMP is
supported by your router at all.

--
George Chatzisofroniou