Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Nmap, Ncat] Odd Nsock bug related to ENETUNREACH

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:19:50 +0200

Just wanted to point out that nsock/include/nsock.h says:

/* EVENT CREATION FUNCTIONS
 * ---
 * These functions request asynchronous
 * notification of completion of an event.  The handler will never be
 * synchronously called back during the event creation call (that causes too
 * many hard to debug errors and plus we don't want people to have to deal with
 * callbacks until they actually call nsock_loop). */

IIRC my IRC chat with Henri, this is not true anymore as ENETUNREACH
errors can cause callbacks to run synchronously.

Hello,

thanks, you're right, this comment isn't accurate anymore (actually it
wasn't totally before anyway). Before I nuke it, do we agree that
calling handlers from outside nsock_loop to report errors is
acceptable? Jacek, you've become a heavy nsock user. What do you
think?

Regards

--
Henri